UPDATE 5 AUGUST 2021
As of 5 August 2021, the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) has announced that allied health practitioners, such as mental health therapists, are still permitted to see clients during the lockdown.
Arts/Equine therapists are primary health practitioners and are considered ‘essential services’, but we will be modifying our operations over the next week to ensure we do our part in helping The Victorian Government reach the desired outcomes related to Covid suppression.
If you feel unwell, please let us know and we will reschedule your session. If you suspect you may have COVID-19 call the dedicated hotline on 1800 675 398 – open 24 hours, 7 days.
If you reside or work in an area that has been listed as a ‘hotspot’, or been in attendance at a Tier 1 or 2 site, or for any other reason are required to quarantine please do not attend Wedgetail premises. We will happily reschedule your appointment. A list of exposure sites can be found here.
This applies for metro and regional lockdown restrictions.
SPECIFIC INFORMATION ABOUT COVID SAFE PRACTICES AT WEDGETAIL
- As an ‘essential service’ we are permitted to see clients during lockdown. All appointments will continue as planned; however, we encourage clients to provide 48 hours notice if unable to attend.
- A copy of our COVID Safe plan is available on request.
- To minimise contact, we encourage clients to wait in their car until their appointment time. We will come and collect you when we are ready.
- Face masks must be worn.
- Please wash hands and sanitise on arrival and departure.
- Please ensure social distancing is maintained at all times, particularly in the undercover areas .
- We clean our facility every day, and sanitise all handled tools in between each session.
- Our sessions take place predominantly outdoors (or in an open air undercover arena).
- Please check in using the Covid App. QR codes are placed at several sites at our premises.
- Sanitiser is provided at several location at our premises including hand basins
Mental Health care is an essential health service, meaning that travel of more than 5km from your place of residence is permitted under the ongoing restrictions. We can provide a letter to clients on request.
GENERAL COVID INFORMATION
- Practise good hygiene and regularly and thoroughly wash your hands.
- Maintain physical distancing, keep at least 1.5 metres away from others.
- Carry a face mask when you leave home unless you have a lawful reason not to. It is strongly recommended you wear one whenever you cannot keep 1.5 metres distance from others.
- Wear a face mask when required, unless a lawful exception applies.
- If you feel unwell do not go to work or come to therapy.
- Get tested at a nearby testing location. Return home immediately.
- If you are worried you will lose pay while you wait for test result or you have tested positive and need to self-isolate you may be eligible for a worker support payment.
- If your condition worsens contact your GP or a health professional. If you become very unwell and are having trouble breathing contact triple zero, you may need to be admitted to hospital.
For more information, please visit the Department of Health and Human Services website here.